no psb preview

Contributor ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allrighty, did latest update and there we go again 😉

Bridge shows no preview of large psb files

it shows a thumbnail, but no fullscreen preview

in the preferences I did set the " do not process files larger then" to the maximum, wich is 250000 so that's not the problem

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Well, I solved it.
Clearing and purging the cache in preferences and restart didn't work, I made some changes to the preferences but that did not solve it either
So then I just rightclicked the thumbs that did not give a full preview and selected " purge cache for selection" and that did it for me
Hope someone else may benefit from this cause it sure drove me nuts 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not what you want to hear, but I get full screen previews here. Just tried with a 7.5 GB PSB.

The full screen previews use OpenGL, so it's likely a video driver issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the driver is up to date.Maybe time for a new card 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps. Look at the list of tested Graphics cards for CC 2019 in the linked reference.

Photoshop system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will, thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I solved it.
Clearing and purging the cache in preferences and restart didn't work, I made some changes to the preferences but that did not solve it either
So then I just rightclicked the thumbs that did not give a full preview and selected " purge cache for selection" and that did it for me
Hope someone else may benefit from this cause it sure drove me nuts 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, thanks, @bijouz!! I've been searching everywhere for an answer to recently installed 2023 Bridge. I used to rely on Bridge to preview PSBs on my older laptop, then when I moved to a new laptop and newer OS, I had to update PS, too, and my older Bridge apps didn't work anymore. When I saw that my PSBs wouldn't preview in Bridge 2023, I thought, "What, they removed that option?!" It didn't seem a logical change and I've been searching, searching for a solution -- already reset the "do not process files larger than" in prefs and purged everything (ugh!) and still nothing.

Your solution did it -- thank you!!

Sending virtual hug .... ;oD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you purge the cache after doing that? The thumbs have to rebuild when you change the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I did rebuild the cache , but no luck .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines