Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Scratch Disk Detected

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

I do not have the usual issue of scratch disk showing as full, I have no scratch. If I happen to put a USB in the iMac, that shows as the scratch disk.

It may possibly be due to the new drives I installed in my iMac. I have replaced my old SSD with a new one and the old platter HDD with a similar size SSD. Both are formatted as APFS, which is as they should be.

The larger drive is for all of my data and I have it divided into what are called containers; they have superseded partitions. The container on my data drive has 100% of the space allocated to data in 6 different volumes.

My system drive is 480 Gb with 400Gb free. it has just the one container with 100% of it dedicated to applications and system stuff.

Photoshop shows zero scratched disks when I look and just seems to detect any external drives I plug in. There is obviously something that PS does not like in my setup, but not sure what it is and what to do. I'll be blowed if I will reformat the drives to suit PS (oh, CC2017 by the way). This is the optimal setup for SSDs drives and that is how it will stay. Surely PS is able to detect the 400Gb free on the system drive, but it seems not to be able to.

Any suggestions gladly accepted.

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

I asked here on an old thread to see if this is still the case with the just released photoshop cc 2019.

Scratch Disk Problem after macOS High Sierra Update

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cheers Ged

That helps a lot. Happy to use an external for now. Considering APFS is the recommended way to format SSDs for Mac, you would hope for it to work natively, but happy there is a workaround

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked here on an old thread to see if this is still the case with the just released photoshop cc 2019.

Scratch Disk Problem after macOS High Sierra Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff. yes, until I upgrade, stuck with using a USB stick for scratch disk. Not ideal, but will help

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines