Highlighted

No thumbnail when i save a psd file.

Explorer ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, there is an issue i'm not able to understand, so i hope you can help me.

When i save a psd file, sometimes there's not the thumbnail and i cannot see the preview in Bridge but just the icon.

What's the problem?

Thanks

Photoshop 21.1.2

...But i've noticed a difference between the Preferences settings, because i don't have the option "Thumbnail" under Image Preview.

I don't think that this is important

Cattura.JPG

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No thumbnail when i save a psd file.

Explorer ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, there is an issue i'm not able to understand, so i hope you can help me.

When i save a psd file, sometimes there's not the thumbnail and i cannot see the preview in Bridge but just the icon.

What's the problem?

Thanks

Photoshop 21.1.2

...But i've noticed a difference between the Preferences settings, because i don't have the option "Thumbnail" under Image Preview.

Cattura.JPG

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First be sure your file has the .psd extension

Next, check your file handing settings in Preferences. Make sure PSD and PSB compatibility is set to "always".

"Always Save" for Image Previews, Thumbnnail option checked on.

Next, you would need to apply the settings using "Save As..." to overwrite the old file. If save as a copy is checked, uncheck that.

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 11.33.44 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, my files have the .psd extension and i have already set the compatibility on "Always". The strange thing is that in the Ps wellcome screen, i can see the preview but not in Bridge. My workflow in Ps is always the same, more or less but i don't understand where is the issue.

Thank for your quick reply

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cattura.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
gener7 LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised that option is not there, even in the Italian version. Perhaps a uninstall/reinstall might be needed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines