• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No thumbnail when i save a psd file.

Explorer ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, there is an issue i'm not able to understand, so i hope you can help me.

When i save a psd file, sometimes there's not the thumbnail and i cannot see the preview in Bridge but just the icon.

What's the problem?

Thanks

Photoshop 21.1.2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

...But i've noticed a difference between the Preferences settings, because i don't have the option "Thumbnail" under Image Preview.

I don't think that this is important

Cattura.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First be sure your file has the .psd extension

Next, check your file handing settings in Preferences. Make sure PSD and PSB compatibility is set to "always".

"Always Save" for Image Previews, Thumbnnail option checked on.

Next, you would need to apply the settings using "Save As..." to overwrite the old file. If save as a copy is checked, uncheck that.

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 11.33.44 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, my files have the .psd extension and i have already set the compatibility on "Always". The strange thing is that in the Ps wellcome screen, i can see the preview but not in Bridge. My workflow in Ps is always the same, more or less but i don't understand where is the issue.

Thank for your quick reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...But i've noticed a difference between the Preferences settings, because i don't have the option "Thumbnail" under Image Preview.

I don't think that this is important

Cattura.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised that option is not there, even in the Italian version. Perhaps a uninstall/reinstall might be needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but I have identified that PSDs that are over 50MB will not save a preview thumbnail nor show it in Explorer.
PSDs below 50MB are OK and will display a preview thumbnail in Windows Explorer.
I can't find where to change that setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem I saved the psd multiple times same image same settings same everything psd_1 no thumbnail psd -2 has a thumbnail no changes were made just opened and saved. working through 50 individul wedding photos Photoshaop is randomly choosing to add or not add the thumbnails. ive tried resaving and renaming it remains a random photoshop anomaly.  screen shot Same file saved several versions and renamed to get the thumbnails (sometimes)  I cant find a solution. frustrating an not a good way to deliver a set of images. Photoshop is becoming un weildy and unreliable.

I spend more time fixing it re setting it and chasing down random issues than working these days. so frustrating this is the 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is Bridge, there's a setting in preferences to "not process files larger than", by default set to a rather small size.

If Windows Eplorer, there are no PSD thumbnails except through third party codecs.

If something else, don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me its viewing via native Mac desk top also present while viewing via the Bridge interface. Saving from photoshop.

I solved  the issue i was having,  I opened and closed all the Psd and Psb files in the project im working on containg 50 images some had thumb nails some didn't. It seems you need to save youe file while on a visable layer if you want thumbnails.

I found that if I had selected a layer with an image  before saving out, the PSD or B had a thumb nail once saved. if I left the selection on a fill layer or sharpen layer or  anything other than an image layer and saved as psd no thumb nail was generated/visable.  So to correct it I went to  Image,  then apply Image to create a stamped visable layer and selected that layer before saving as a psd or B and the thumb nail was generated.  Hope this helps some one ... there is probably a quicker way to correct it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines