• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Transparent option in Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to Photoshop CC, am using a pc, and there is no option to create a new project with a transparent background.  I only have the option for white, black or a color.  Thanks in advance for helping with this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

On the right hand side click on Advanced Options and then select Background Contents, you may need to use the scroll bar to scroll down to see it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

On the right hand side click on Advanced Options and then select Background Contents, you may need to use the scroll bar to scroll down to see it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also and a new layer and simply remove original background

pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, but it´s not working, it keeps white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  I select transparent, but it still keeps giving me a white background.  I create a new layer and delete everything in the layer, hide the base layer - same thing, background is white.  One video says to change to Artboard and change the Artboard properties, but I only get Document Properties or Pixel Layer Properties, depending on whether I select a layer or not.  It is driving me freaking nuts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same conditions exist. Solution is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also cannot see "Transparent"

ScreenShot141.jpg

I tried many combinations. I set 'Advanced' to different Color Profiles. I set different file-type and bit depth.

Strangely, I did briefly glimpse "Transparent" once, but whatever I try now I cannot get it to show again.

So my only workaround is- Create a new layer, delete the background layer.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless your heart!

I rarely reply to comments, but this time around I signed in just to thank you for this solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ged replied, you need to scroll down. The problem is, the scroll bar is way too inconspicuous. It's the thin gray line on the far right of the screenshot Ged posted.

It took me a long time to figure out what was the deal. I finally set "Use legacy New dialog" in the preferences for that reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! Yes, thank you!! This was driving me nuts! Wow I feel ridiculous now. They should make the pop up window larger so the entire list shows because the scoll really does't stand out or seem like an option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thaankss .. it's a most fastest solution i have ever seen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Man.. you saved me.. at last i scrolled and found transparent option, that's an embaressing moment lols... thanks a lot. just logged in to thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how do you change the background to transparent in a file that was initially created with a white background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines