• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noel Carboni

Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had a shock finding that a post I made in this thread was marked as helpful by our old friend Noel Carboni.   Noel, I know I have asked you to come back and post several times already, and I know how deeply you are into the MS Windows forums, but never a week goes by without us thinking a post something that you would know the answer to.   Noel we miss you. Please come back. 

Noel still follows and posts in the pre-release forum, and he is also a serious Windows expert, and knows a thing or two about computer hardware.  He also produces some excellent software via his company ProDigital Software.  A few forum regulars beta test his StarFilter Pro 4 plug-in for Photoshop, which does stuff like this.  I use it a lot and would pay for it in a heartbeat if I did not already have it as a tester.

Noel, how can we persuade you?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni​, yes, it's good to see you posting again. I know you disliked the how the forums operated. A little birdie told me that Jive might go away next year, and a better system might be installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, guys.  You may be seeing me from time to time.

This forum software seems easier to use than before.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just going to post that you are back: Name this Filter?

Even if the OP seems to think you're Noelle Carboni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome back Noel. I know we sometimes talk in the "other room", but your help is invaluable here.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Noel+Carboni  wrote

Thanks, guys.  You may be seeing me from time to time.

This forum software seems easier to use than before.

-Noel

Right off the bat we have the CC 2019 file association issue which I have not fixed as of yet despite risking a Registry edit.  This is the sort of issue Noel would know how to fix in his sleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a link for that issue?  I'll try to help if I can.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've trained myself so that, when I see a post from Noel in the replies, I think to myself, "Oh, this is an old thread."

Now, I'm going to have to un-train myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A couple more:

Type of file: Photoshop.Image.19 (.psd) ERROR

Photoshop 2018 can't be set as default "open with" for any file type

Solving files association with the cc2019 update, my solution and it finally worked.

Trevor, I posted this on the feedback forum several days ago, but the post sunk without a trace and nobody seemed interested. Since then at least one new post has arrived.

For the future, uninstall old version first. Then install the new. I learned that years ago when it happened to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines