Highlighted

Noise grain effect becomes smooth when flattened or saved as jpeg

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am having issues with maintaining Noise grain effect when exporting image as Jpeg. The Noise grain comes out smooth.

I also flattened the image before exporting to see if it would maintain the grain but the image seems to smooth away the Noise effect out. (does not look like how it was editted within photoshop)

Please see the example screenshot that may help describe the issue better.

Would anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this?

Thanks very much

Jon

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Noise grain effect becomes smooth when flattened or saved as jpeg

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am having issues with maintaining Noise grain effect when exporting image as Jpeg. The Noise grain comes out smooth.

I also flattened the image before exporting to see if it would maintain the grain but the image seems to smooth away the Noise effect out. (does not look like how it was editted within photoshop)

Please see the example screenshot that may help describe the issue better.

Would anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this?

Thanks very much

Jon

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible from before and after flattening? 

And post them on the Forum directly. 

As for jpg: When one chooses to use lossy compression that is one own’s choice and the effects are, too. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 9.25.33 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-19 at 9.25.04 pm.png

Hi

Yes I see now. Its not having that drastic change visible.  It had to do with the percent I was viewing it as. 

I will continue to explore the noise effect with this in mind from now on. 

Thanks very much

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 2