• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

non-visible layers keep becoming visible and active every few seconds

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the Photoshop 2020 (21.0.2) came out, when working in a file with multiple layers, all of my non-visible layers in a file keep on be coming visible and one of the hidden layers becomes the active layer (every 2-10 seconds). Any ideas on how to stop this from happening, it is insanely frustrating to keep turning layers off and selecting the correct layer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop. This is definitely a very strange behavior and should not be happening.

Would you mind going to the "Help" menu in Photoshop, then "System info" and share the information with us here? You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop to check if that helps. You can check the details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preferences.html

You may want to back up your actions, brushes, etc. before you reset the preferences to default. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already reset everything and it didn't help.   Here is the system info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind going to the System Preferences for Mac then navigate to Security and Privacy > select the Privacy Tab > Select Accessibility from the list on the left and add Photoshop to the list? Also, if you are using macOS Catalina, grant Photoshop permissions to the Files and Folders then restart the computer to check if that helps.

You can go to the Preferences for Photoshop, then Performance and check if the option for Legacy Compositing. Once done, quit and relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did all of that and the problem is still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other ideas, this is still happening!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the preferences got reset on something like "click layer to choose" and "enable click on hidden layers".

I looked (very quickly) but didn't see anything in preferences. I'd look there to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried changing that too and it doesn't make any difference. It switches automatically, i.e. I have a simple document with multple layers and have a couple of them hidden and I'm not doing anything in PS besides looking at it, it will randomly go and turn on all of the hidden layers and make one of the previously hidden layers the active layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, on which OS are you working?

Do you use a graphic tablet?

Do you have third party plug-ins?

Try to post the contents of Help>System info... for us to have more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Catalina (10.15.2) / No graphic Tablet / No plugins.

System information is posted in the second comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happeneing even in the 2021 version.. I have completely uninstalled Photoshop and ALL Photoshop preference and setting from all versions, and I am still having this issue. @nikunj.m do you or anyone that you know that can please try and help me get rid of this problem. It can take a 2 minute change and make it take 30 minutes, becasue I am constatly trying to reselect the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you record a video of that behavior?

You mean that the layers become selected/visible by themselves, without any user interaction?

If not: are you sure that the move tool is not set to autoselect layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is a quick example- I selected a layer, took my hands off the mouse and keyboard, and the photoshop will all the sudden select the first layer, and if the first layer's visibilty is off it still select it and sometimes will turn the visibility on. This will happen if I am working on something in the file or not. I do not have autoselect layer turned on. I have removed Photoshop, all the setting from my computer and reinstalled Photoshop and it will still will continue to happen. 

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone have any ideas why this is happeneing?? I am still having this problem and nothing that I have done has been able to resolve the problem.

@nikunj.m any ideas?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines