Not able to change color from swatches

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Photoshop last week to 21.2.3, I had the most recent version before this. 

In the old version I could highlight a portion of text & select a color from my swatches and it would change to that color. Now when I try and do this it will not change or it will change to the foreground color. If I want to change the color from a color swatch I either have to select that color before I select the text layer so it will show in the color pannel & I can select it there. 

Or if I need to use 2 colors from my swatches, I am having to copy the HEX code before selecting the text layer and then paste it. I already made sure I was using RGB 8bit and tried restarting my computer. 

The same thing happens if I try to fill a regtangle or stroke from swatches. 

This is making me crazy- does anyone have any advice? 

( example screenshot below of me trying to select a color from swatches )

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Not able to change color from swatches

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Photoshop last week to 21.2.3, I had the most recent version before this. 

In the old version I could highlight a portion of text & select a color from my swatches and it would change to that color. Now when I try and do this it will not change or it will change to the foreground color. If I want to change the color from a color swatch I either have to select that color before I select the text layer so it will show in the color pannel & I can select it there. 

Or if I need to use 2 colors from my swatches, I am having to copy the HEX code before selecting the text layer and then paste it. I already made sure I was using RGB 8bit and tried restarting my computer. 

The same thing happens if I try to fill a regtangle or stroke from swatches. 

This is making me crazy- does anyone have any advice? 

( example screenshot below of me trying to select a color from swatches )

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2020 0
jane-e LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I could highlight a portion of text"

To select a portion of your text, you need the Type tool with an insertion point. Does it work if you select the text and click the Text Color icon in the options bar (or Character panel), then choose a color from your library?

~ Jane

E80EC534-7291-40F6-830A-508B1EBBE408.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0