Not Able To See Text While Editing

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The disappearing text while editing problem has been driving me crazy, as I know it has for many other Photoshop users. (I'm at release 22.1 now using Windows 10.) What I found is that the problem is caused by styles. Editing text with styles removed, the text is visible. The text disappears if styles are in place. This means it is necessary to remove styles before editing, perform the edit, then reapply style. It's a huge waste of time that seems like sloppy work by Adobe. This seems related to the disappearing text issue in the community discussion at Solved: Fixed: Can't Edit Text/Type tool problems with Pho... - Adobe Support Community - 11522653 but I couldn't find any reference to styles as a factor.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Not Able To See Text While Editing

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The disappearing text while editing problem has been driving me crazy, as I know it has for many other Photoshop users. (I'm at release 22.1 now using Windows 10.) What I found is that the problem is caused by styles. Editing text with styles removed, the text is visible. The text disappears if styles are in place. This means it is necessary to remove styles before editing, perform the edit, then reapply style. It's a huge waste of time that seems like sloppy work by Adobe. This seems related to the disappearing text issue in the community discussion at Solved: Fixed: Can't Edit Text/Type tool problems with Pho... - Adobe Support Community - 11522653 but I couldn't find any reference to styles as a factor.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2020 0
Flobaby LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add, I posted about this same problem last week:https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-22-1-disappearing-text/m-p/11679426?page=1

Workaround right now is to move text by CTL-T'ing the layer first (transform tool). Slightly less annoying than turning styles off, then on again after it's been moved. Still...super aggravating. Hope it gets fixed promptly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 25, 2020 0