Not all Recent Files Showing...

Participant ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue appeared about four weeks ago. When I open Photoshop, the Home screeen Recent files thumbnails don't show the most recent files. They show files from five to seven days earlier even though I've worked with several files since then.

I've tried File > Open Recent > Clear Recent Files List and I've updated to 22.0.1. Those actions seemed to resolve the issue for only the next one time I started Photoshop - for subsequent times the issue returned. The Open Recent list always matches the Home page Recent thumbnails.

I'm using Windows 10

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Not all Recent Files Showing...

Participant ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue appeared about four weeks ago. When I open Photoshop, the Home screeen Recent files thumbnails don't show the most recent files. They show files from five to seven days earlier even though I've worked with several files since then.

I've tried File > Open Recent > Clear Recent Files List and I've updated to 22.0.1. Those actions seemed to resolve the issue for only the next one time I started Photoshop - for subsequent times the issue returned. The Open Recent list always matches the Home page Recent thumbnails.

I'm using Windows 10

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to Reset Preferences from Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit (after backing up customization such as Actions), but first check the Home Screen to see if there is a filter or sort order that could be affected it.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2020 1
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Does the Reset Preferences on Quit apply to every instance of quitting or is it only a one-time action?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a one-time action — easier than the other method of launch PS, then within a tenth of a second, press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift.

It will give you a factory installation and clear things up when PS is flakey. If you have created Actions, Swatches, Custom Shapes, Brushes, etc., save them first from their panel menus so they can be restored. 

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2020 1
Participant ,
Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset preferences and that worked for a short period - now I've opened Photoshop and on the Home screen I see no files from the last four days. Any help would be appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2020 0