• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NOT WORKING: Tool>Menu option

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!  Can anyone tell me how to fix the menu options on tools?

It doesn't matter if it's the Curves tool, Layers window, Adjustments window, etc.  Everything that exists in the Windows menu, you know, those tools that we dock off to the side, the little hamburger menus aren't clickable on anything anymore and I need to access them.

Untitled-2.jpg

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set shortcuts to toggle the Photoshop menu Windows>Items Palettes.  F key shortcuts  however, can be overridden by Action F key shortcuts. Toggle the pallet and click the hamberger.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJMack, thank you for getting back to me!  I see the shortcuts, but a couple of things I'm noticing: The first thing is that I would have to create a shortcut for every tool I have opened, and the second is that there is no option to open a tool with a shortcut.  It seems I can only close a tool with a shortcut which is odd.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tools do not have palettes with hamburger.There is one Active tools and it's options are available in the tool option bar that does not have  a hamburger and is normally docked under Photoshop Menu. The Bar can be toggled like other palettes using the tab key shortcut.

You activate a tool from the tool Bar or from Action and Scripts.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cannot access the drop down menus at the top right of the Photoshop panels, then I would reset Preferences.

Edit > Preferences > General then Reset Preferences on Quit. Click OK then close and restart Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll try that, thank you Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines