Highlighted

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody, 

does anyone has experiences with "NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti"?

Would you recommend working in Photoshop with this graphic card? 

Thanks, 

Lina

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody, 

does anyone has experiences with "NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti"?

Would you recommend working in Photoshop with this graphic card? 

Thanks, 

Lina

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It should run fine with Photoshop, I have the lesser Nvidia GTX1050 TI and Photoshop runs without any issues, one thing to remember Photoshop doesn't work well with dual GPU's so if your system has another integrated GPU like an Intel or AMD it can cause issues

More Info

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html#Troubleshoot

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2019 2
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot - dual GPU means two graphic cards?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2019 0
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a lot of PC's have both an onboard GPU and a dedicated GPU, an onboard GPU is build onto the same die as the CPU whereas a dedicated GPU is connected to a PCI slot on the motherboard

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lina,

We have not heard of any incompatibilities of the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti running with Photoshop.

I'd recommend that you take a look at this article for more information: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Thanks.

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2019 1
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2019 0
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dual GPUs is not a problem on workstation PCs where you simply don't have a display connected to the motherboard outlet (which is fed from the integrated GPU). You'd have them hooked up to the video card outlets.

It does become a problem on laptops where both GPUs are active and connected, switched according to load or battery/power status. Then Photoshop doesn't know from one moment to the next which GPU to use. This isn't a passive one-way pipeline. A lot of active processing is done in the GPU, and data pass back and forth the whole time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2019 1
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi!

dude, i have a problem with photoshop cc 2018/2019. My screen (white or dark background) brightness minor flickering 😞

I reinstalled all drivers for nvidia & intel, but it still doesn't work :c

Acer Predator helios 300 (2019)

nvidia 1660 ti 

intel hd 630

i7-9 

16 ram

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sergey,

I also have a Predator helios 300 with the same specs and same issue. But I also own another Acer laptop and it's the same. I'm not sure if it depends on the model.

I tried to set it to use only the nvidia card, but it wasn't working well so I switched back to the standard use of both.

In a few days I will upgrade mine with a new ssd and reinstall everything, if the new p.s. app will recognize only the intel GPU i will give it a try a day or two to see if it's better.

I'm not really sure if this depends on Acer products or the use of multiple gpus.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0
Mateprsk LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that for the display you need to use the integrated intel gpu. At least I couldn't set it to use the nvidia for the display, I recieved a message that my display is not connected to the nvidia card. And all this after I was setting it in bios also. So in that case in theory the only active gpu was the nvidia, but my screen wasn't working well with it. And the flickering didn't went away..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0