• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NVIDIA QUADRO RTX 3000 it is not compatible with photoshop, the opengl doesn't work correctly

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I recently bought an hp zbook 17 G6 with an NVIDIA quadro rtx 3000 installed on it. Since the very first try with photoshop i had problems with the opengl and GPU. It disables easily, especially when i change the resolution of a file (for instance from 100 to 300 dpi or different size format). that means a lot of features such as smooth and cotinuos zoom, canvas rotation, and many others are deactivated.

I checked  the software requirement list and apparently the rtx3000 is not tested yet, which to me sounds weird since other nvidia quadro graphics are tested and working correctly

WIth this graphic processor i just want my photoshop to run perfectly. no excuses.

I really hope the adobe photoshop staff will test and approve AS SOON AS POSSIBLE the rtx 3000 since it's a brand new graphic processor, very  much powerful and efficient with other adobe softwares such as lightroom or premiere pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This card has effectively been on the market like for a month. Adobe does not have any earlier access than the cards are actually being physically produced just like otehr customers. It's simply impossible to get ahead in this race. I'm sure they'll figure it out, but you simply jumped to it too quickly. That said, perhaps you might want to spend some time in the NVidia panel and play around with the settings like enforcing a lower, legacy-compatible OpenGL level or restricting overall memory usage. A lot of these issues simply stem from differences in the underlying shader and memory architecture and thus address offsets being in the wrong place. Forcing the card to pretend to be an older model might cure some of these pains.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What exact version of Photoshop do you have, version 21.2.3 has issues with some GPU's not been detected correctly, it all started with version 21.2. People had to roll back to version 21.1.3

That laptop will have 2 GPU's, an Intel UHD Graphics 630 and the NVIDIA quadro rtx 3000, have you updated the drivers for both.

Take a look here especially section 7

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

I have an RTX2060 Super and Photoshop works fine with that even though it's not listed as a tested card, so there's no reason your NVIDIA quadro rtx 3000 shouldn't work, if none of the above helps try rolling back to version 21.1.3 if you indeed have 21.2.3 installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ged,

Yes actually just today i spent 3 hours together with a systemist on the adobe live chat, trying to solve this problem. He made me install the 21.1.3 version and seems to be better ( still some minor bugs, but at least i can work on it). I updated the latest nvidia drivers, but still i have to dowload and install the latest intel UHD drivers. I'll see if it'll be better. Then i'll also try to run the "geforce experience" app from nvidia and see if something good will happen... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget the GeForce experience app, that is for gaming.

Install the NVidia Studio Drivers, which are better tested for serious graphics applications, and when installing use advanced options and clean install. Then go into the NVidia settings and force Photoshop to use the Nvidia GPU not the Intel.

As with anything brand new, be prepared to update drivers regularly in the first few months.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone confirm that this is still an issue with the RTX 3000 card? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have issues. They were minimized when I downloaded the Nvidia Quadro Experience. Everything worked fine until the new versions of Premiere 15.0 and AE 18.0. I've had to go back to the older versions. I'm sure I'm missing some software as I'm used to having an IT crew, but I'm on my own troubleshooting at home. The NQE definitely minimizes errors and is crucial for exporting. Since the Adobe updates are not recognized by the NQE, I had to reinstall the older versions of PP & AE.  My CPU and GPU drivers are up to date. I still get errors, though, and go between OpenCL and CUDA (nothing like getting 40min into an export and BOOM error).

I am working on a feature length film with lots of LUTS and Red Giant Universe effects (also an issue from time to time). I'm working on a Lenovo Thinkpad i9-10885H @2.4GHz; 32ram (right now); windows 10 pro 64; dual monitor setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'd like to buy a laptop with the Rtx3000, did you ever find a solution?

Thanks

Fabrizio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Dave said above (note especially the point about disabling the integrated Intel GPU!).

The problem with laptops is that the manufacturers modify hardware and software extensively, to put their own stamp on everything. Very few laptops use clean drivers directly from Nvidia/AMD.

So be careful, and choose based on what seems to be the intended market segment for that particulaar model. An overwhelming majority of the GPU problems people come here with, are on laptops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines