• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nvidia Tesla M2050 è utile se uso photoshop o con alcuni programmi adobe?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salve,

mi hanno regalato una Nvidia Tesla m2050 3Gb, è di qualche utilità con i programmi adobe?Photoshop?

grazie

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pabloescobar999  wrote

Hello,

they gave me an Nvidia Tesla m2050 3Gb, is it of any use with adobe programs? Photoshop?

thank you

I initially wondered if this was one of the new RTX cards, but no such luck.  Your card dates back to 2011, and does not stack up well against modern cards.  What would you be fitting it to, and what would it replace?    As to how it would perform with Photoshop, that also depends on the other hardware and overall system spec.

PassMark - Tesla C2050 - Price performance comparison

Note to the Moderator who moved this thread.  Mixing English with the original Italian meant that the forum's translation tool would not work.  Just so you know... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,
ty for your reply...but my card isn't C2050 but it's M2050...it's not a normal card, it hasn't video output, it is normally for scientific calculator but i think that there are other utility (i see in nvidia site that some model of tesla works within video card during the utilization of photoshop)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The M2050 is also from 2011 and cost US $2600 at the time.  My current nVidia card that I bought last year, a Geforce GTX 1060, cost less than one-tenth as much and is 3-times more powerful according to this site:  NVIDIA Tesla M2050 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database so I think Dennis' comment still applies.  I don't think anyone here has specific knowledge about your card working with Photoshop, and so it's an old card that might work ok, but isn't nearly as powerful as what you can get today.

Amazon sells the M2050 for US $150:  https://www.amazon.com/Hewlett-Packard-SH885B-TESLA-M2050-COMPUTING-MOD/dp/B0045FE8YK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ssprengel  wrote

The M2050 is also from 2011 and cost US $2600 at the time. 

Blimmin heck!   $2600 in 2011?   That's still nearly double the price of what an RTX 2080Ti sells for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,
but I already have this card, I do not have to buy it and the friend who gave it to me has paid less than a twentieth of a used gtx 1060
I would just like to know if it has any use ... the card is not a normal video card (it has no video outputs, it is a card dedicated to scientific computing that could, I repeat "could", have some other useful)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you answer the questions in post #1?

What would you be fitting it to?

What would it replace?

As it does not have provision to drive a monitor, would be used in conjunction with a second GPU?  If yes, then Photoshop does not work with multiple GPUs.

Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

From the above link:

Does Photoshop take advantage of more than one graphics processor or graphics card?

Photoshop currently doesn't take advantage of more than one graphics processor. Using two graphics cards does not enhance Photoshop's performance.

Multiple graphics cards with conflicting drivers can cause problems with graphics processor accelerated features in Photoshop. For best results, connect two (or more) monitors into one graphics card. If you have to use more than one graphics card, make sure that they are the same make and model. Otherwise, crashes and other problems can occur in Photoshop.

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the card should not replace another card, the card should be mounted on a PC that already has a video card but this card, for what I know, should work with its software that interfaces directly with the programs that can use it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I find it but i don't know if it is reliable (the card in the video is a upper model of my...Workstation Nvidia Quadro 6000 e Tesla M2090 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines