Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OBJECT PASTED ONTO MY CANVAS DISAPPEARS

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Im a print designer and I normally paste all my inspiration images into my file and place them around my canvas (which is set to a repeat size of my choice) and use elements of them by moving them on and off my canvas. For some reason today, everytime I paste my images into the file and move them off the canvas they disappear into the grey area (like it is masked). Have I accidently selected a mode to do this? Any ideas? Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 15.02.18.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Seems to me it has laways be like that…

Image > Reveal all will extend canvas size to include outsiders

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do that in Illustrator and InDesign, but not in Photoshop. Photoshop has never worked this way.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you,

Its just very strange, I have been using it like the 'Illustrator way' for many years (where you can see all the files/layer imported around the canvas) and even just on Monday (2 days ago!), I updated it today so maybe thats why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines