• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object Selection Stopped Functioning

Contributor ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a known bug? The Object Selection Tool does not work. It appears in the list with the Quick Selection Tool and the Magic Wand Tool, both of which work. When I drag around a subject with the OST, it behaves the way the Rectangular Marquee Tool does, ie it draws a rectangular selection but stops there.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.3.0 20210302.r.49 660cd2e x64
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 or greater 10.0.19041.804

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

This problem solved itself after a couple of days. I thought it might be an upgrade, but the version number looks the same as the day I posted my question. So the question is answered, but I don't know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and camera Raw does not work correctly, many bugs with this upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine works just fine on my Mac, one running Catalina and one running Big Sur, no problems at all with PS. Hopefully a PC expert will chime in.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem solved itself after a couple of days. I thought it might be an upgrade, but the version number looks the same as the day I posted my question. So the question is answered, but I don't know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error starts when using the selection tool is passed on a window (layer, properties, info, etc.) another bug is when I make a path within a saved path, it does not make the path, it only makes points, (if the path It is not saved, you can make several paths inside it). Liquify sometimes gives an error equal to the selection tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@eliza89681725 wrote:

The Object Selection Tool does not work.

Can you tell us which tool are you referring to? The Move tool "V" or the Path Selection tool "A"? There is no tool with the name "Object Selection Tool". Sometimes folks choose the wrong one of these two tools and think that is the reason the tool is not working.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

The correct name of tool is Rectangular marquee tool and Elliptical Marquee tool (M).

The error happens when I'm making a selection when passing the windows with the tool selected with the Left mouse button. I'm attaching video for that.

The Liquify have same problem.

Other error is when I create a path with pen tool (P), when I make several paths into one is fine as long it doesn't save that path but when you save it I can't create more paths within that layer path with pen and curvature tool, freeform pen tool works fine.  I'm attaching video for that.

it's been a pleasure working with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Object Selection Tool is located in Tools in the same group as the Quick Selection Tool and the Magic Wand in ver 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it is, @eliza89681725 , and I have no excuses !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem. Every time I try to use the object finder PS crashes. I have to use the Task Manager to exit PS. I have tried turning the object finder off and drawing a rectangle, but that causes PS to crash as well. Very frustrating.

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines