Highlighted

Object selection tool continues to fail, when once it worked :(

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21.2.3 release, NVIDIA Quadro P620.  I continually have this problem. Drawing a rectangle or lasso around an object results in a "Program Error". I can use the Select Subject button and the subject is selected, usually fairly well, but any attempt to refine the selection with rectangle or lasso once again results in the same issues.

At one time this worked flawlessly so it's these updates that are causing the problem. Turning off the graphics processor get this all to work at the price of many more issues. I'm sorry to keep posting about this but I don't know where else to go. 

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Object selection tool continues to fail, when once it worked :(

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21.2.3 release, NVIDIA Quadro P620.  I continually have this problem. Drawing a rectangle or lasso around an object results in a "Program Error". I can use the Select Subject button and the subject is selected, usually fairly well, but any attempt to refine the selection with rectangle or lasso once again results in the same issues.

At one time this worked flawlessly so it's these updates that are causing the problem. Turning off the graphics processor get this all to work at the price of many more issues. I'm sorry to keep posting about this but I don't know where else to go. 

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have to same GPU as you on my work PC and have no issue with Photoshop version 21.2.3 on Windows 10 with regards to making selections.

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences, you should backup any custom settings you have beforehand, also have you tried updating the GPU driver from the Nvidia website, install the Studio driver and not the Game Ready.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

image1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 2
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged - *thank* *you*.

I have reset my preferences so many times, but updating the driver did the trick! I had assumed that was being done with the regular manufacturer's updates!  My bad.

Thank you once again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome 🙂

OEM PC's manufacturers tend not to provide the most up to date GPU drivers, always best to check the GPU manufacturers website.

Glad you got it sorted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0