• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Odd image appears when closing an image

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been occurring frequently in Photoshop CC 2021, before and after the latest update. When I am finished editing an image, which generally have multiple layers, save it and then close the image, after the image closes, the attached screenshot remains in the image frame for a few seconds to as much as 30 seconds before it goes away on its own. Has anyone else seen this happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and welcome to the forum

That is almost certainly video card related.  Open Preferences to the Performance tab (Ctrl K or Cmd K)

image.png

If Use Graphics Processor is checked, uncheck it, restart Photoshop, and see if that has fixed it.  If it does then go back to the Performance tab, click on Advanced settings and try different options.

image.png

The bottom line here is that there is an issue with your video card driver, so make sure the driver is fully up to date, and do this at the card maker's website.  If you are at all unsure, let us know what operating system version you are using, and tell us a bit about your hardware.

It would help if you opened Photoshop and went Help > System Info > Copy and pasted to this thread (there is a fair bit of it, but don't worry.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

EDIT: deleted reply, the problem wasn't what I thought it was, which I discovered when I finally downloaded the attachment.

Not your fault, countrygirl, but these blasted attachments are a pain. You can insert screenshots directly into the thread without attaching it, making life simpler for everyone, but you'd be forgiven for not seeing this well-hidden fact. Instead, "attach file" jumps in your face.

See Trevor's reply for the actual issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines