Highlighted

Odd issue where height and width properties are inverted but picture displays properly

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some screen grabs from Premier Pro that are doing something rather strange.  When you view them in windows photoviewer, they appear horizontally squished.  I opened the image in photoshop, and it looks fine in the main screen.  When I open the image size box, however, it appears squished in the preview and the height and width properties are inverted (should be wider than tall).  I have attached a cystalized image as I cannot share the original.  I have run into something like this before and was able to fix it by copying and pasting into a new custom size file with changing the orientation, but for some reason it just keeps reverting to the taller image size when I paste the selection into the new image file.  Anyone know how to fix this?  The width in this image should be 366 and height should be 345.  Again, appears fine in the main screen even though the image size is wrong. 

One other thing.  If you drag the save image into something like powerpoint, it shows up fine and has correct dimensions.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Odd issue where height and width properties are inverted but picture displays properly

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some screen grabs from Premier Pro that are doing something rather strange.  When you view them in windows photoviewer, they appear horizontally squished.  I opened the image in photoshop, and it looks fine in the main screen.  When I open the image size box, however, it appears squished in the preview and the height and width properties are inverted (should be wider than tall).  I have attached a cystalized image as I cannot share the original.  I have run into something like this before and was able to fix it by copying and pasting into a new custom size file with changing the orientation, but for some reason it just keeps reverting to the taller image size when I paste the selection into the new image file.  Anyone know how to fix this?  The width in this image should be 366 and height should be 345.  Again, appears fine in the main screen even though the image size is wrong. 

One other thing.  If you drag the save image into something like powerpoint, it shows up fine and has correct dimensions.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I found a convoluted work around.  If you drag the original into something like powerpoint, copy it, paste it as an image (instead of just ctrl+v), then save that image - everything is fine with the new image.  I would still like to know how to actually fix this in the original image if anyone has any ideas.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using square pixels? Is your Pixel Aspect Ratio set to something other than Square Pixels?

Photoshop
With an image active, review the Pixel Aspect Ratio value from the View menu.

Premiere Pro
With a Sequence active, select the Sequence Settings option from the Sequence menu. Look for the Pixel Aspect Ratio value within the Video section.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, square pixels. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0