• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Odd Question?: Font Selection Panel doesn't remember location...

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems (some time ago) that when you had a type layer selected and let's say it's Helvetica font assigned... when you would open the font selection drop-down menu, it would start off at that font (Helvetica) for browsing and scrolling purposes.  Now, if I open the font selction drop-down, it starts the font bowsing at the top. The top is the 10 most recently used fonts.

This means, If I wanted to select a different font but a variant of Helvetica, now I have to scroll all the way down and find Helvetica again.  I know this is an odd question and maybe most are used to the font drop-down starting at the top (most recently used) and then starting at "a" again, alphabetically.  It makes font browsing from the drop-down slower and cumbersome. Is there a way to preference to start the font search with the location of the current selected font?

I'm using Photoshop CC 2019 vers. 20.0.10 - - - on a Mac vers. 10.13.6

I don't think it's an update issue or anything since it's been this way for years for me now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid that's not a prefence setting. I don't like it either, but that's the way it seems to work on every computer I've tried, recently. The only option I can suggest is to start typing "Helve" (or any other font name) into the font field, and it'll take you to the variants for that font.

This would make a GREAT feature request at https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines