• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Oil Paint effect removing color from image

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to apply the oil paint filter to a photo. When I apply the filter, it removes all color and converts it to a grayscale image. I've tried converting the image to an RGB photo and made sure the document setup is in RGB, heck, even working from a screenshot of the same image, but nothing works. Is there something I'm not thinking of? Here is the photo I'm trying to apply the filter on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image is in color. Are you making a Smart Object first before you apply the filter so that it can be edited? Please show a screen shot that includes your Layers panel and the setting you have in the Oil Paint filter.

Use the Insert Image button in the Reply window.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jane, yes, I converted the image to a Smart Object and then applied the filter. The image is in color, but applying the Oil Paint filter converts it to grayscale.

Here is what my Layers panel looks like as well as the settings I have applied. As a side note, I had previously used these same settings successfully with another color image right before, I just can't figure out why it's not working with this particular image.

image.png

[Attached file removed & replaced with embedded image by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines