• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Nik software collection no longer creates a new layer and transfers result to Photoshop cc 2021

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem from last year, where the old Nik filters would not work with PS 2020, was solved by moving the google folder into the plug-ins folder of photoshop. My Photoshop CC updated last night to 2021, I repeasted the same process that fizxed the problem last year. The old Nik options appeared in the filter menu as they had for PS 2020, but when I used them to edit an image and exited, the edit did not create a new layer or appear back in PS, so it was lost. I cannot figure out how to get the edit to come back into photoshop. So I have the menu items but cannot use the tool. Any suggestions? I am using the old google version of these tools and have not purchased the DxO updates, the old ones worked fine for me. I do want to use the new PS 2021 though. For now I reverted back to PS 2020. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, as a follow on to the message above, I did find a work around where  you set the option in the Nik filter to just replace the original file (making sure you made a duplicate of the layer with the original file before subjecting it to edits). I still have not been able to get the "make a new layer" option to work, but this retains the functionality of the Nik filter set with one additional step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines