• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old photoshop files

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a place or a way to retrieve old photoshop files prior to windows 7 with the old adobe unlock codes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Are you talking about Photoshop Album?

https://forums.adobe.com/community/ps_album_starter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to install an older version of PS to use older PS PSD files. They will open just fine in newer versions of PS.

If you don't have a newer version of PS and you have PSD files that no other program will open I suggest you copy them to a USB thumb drive and take that drive to a print or framing shop or try to contact a photographer in your area and have that person/company convert them to TIFF files along with flattening them if they contain PS layers and such. TIFF files can be opened on most any computer..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not the answer I'm looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So can you re-phrase your question?

Do you mean reinstall old versions of Photoshop? Or something else?

"old photoshop files prior to windows 7" doesn't mean much. Can you explain further?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe had a cloud file that you could store photo rolls or files.You could only view, print etc using a unlock code.

Here is a reference discussion similar to what I'm asking.

Re: Photoshop album 3.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe still does have a Cloud based storage system that users of Adobe programs can store and share files from with other users.

The people sharing their content with other people send those other people a link in an email that they click on to view what has been shared.

For the creator of the content to view, upload or download files they need to log on using their Adobe ID.

If an Adobe ID is what you are calling an Unlock code then yes you need it. AFAIK no Adobe ID is ever deleted. So if you have an Adobe ID from years ago it will still work. Whether or not whatever content you might have uploaded year ago is still there I have no idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an adobe ID. I am signed in. Prior to apps, Adobe had a Adobe photo work shop that you could work with your saved pics using an  exclusive unlock code. I guess this system was totally removed or deleted. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Photoshop Album?

https://forums.adobe.com/community/ps_album_starter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. No longer supported. I guess they are lost and I can discard my unlock code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The current photoshop elements 2018 has an Organizer, which is similar to Photoshop Album plus the editor part has so much more in editing ability.

https://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html?promoid=V2XYKZ3B&mv=other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Album 3.2 only ever stored thumbnails locally. The originals were always stored on your hard drive.

Which service were you using exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop files will open with any version from any version! You might not see the effects that you had but the file will open!

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 15.40.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines