• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old PS Versions Replacement Value for Insurance

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been in business for 36 years and were burglarized. All of our Photoshop (and Painter) software was stolen.  My insurance needs a replacement value for them.  I was online with Adobe for a little bit over an hour and it ended up with them telling me to come here. Can anyone help? 

Versions stolen were 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 7.0, CS and CS2.  Also if you happen to know the replacement value of Corel Painter 7 and Painter 8, that would be wonderful. 

Thank you, Dan.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Photoshop.]

Sorry about your loss.  But unfortunately, discontinued Creative Suite software has no value.  Even if you had your original installation disks and an old supporting computer your old CS and CS2 software cannot be activated.  Those servers were taken offline years ago.  And Adobe quit selling Creative Suite products in early 2017 when Creative Cloud came out.

Your only option is to buy modern Adobe software which is sold by subscription only now.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

I can't help you with Corel Painter because it's not made by Adobe.

https://www.painterartist.com/en/product/painter/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be comforting to know that it's worthless for those who stole it too...and no actual loss for you. Just clearing out shelf space 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might be comforting to know that it's worthless for those who stole it too...and no actual loss for you. Just clearing out shelf space 😉

=========

I think some people would say that "empty shelf space" is worth it's weight in gold. 🙂 

Good luck with your insurance settlement.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The value of the old software is nil. But if you want the use of something like the software, you will need to buy or subscribe to the current version. That has a bookable cost. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines