Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Older versions as tutorials

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am trying to learn PS. I'm stuck now because these tutorials are antiquated. Not updated. I have put both screen shots the first is the older version and the last one is the current look.  Swatches is the tab the video is talking aboutAntiquatedAntiquated20202020

Thank you,

Luey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get the Swatches panel to look more traditional like so: Open the Swatch folders from "RGB" thopugh "Pale" (nine folder altogether). Click on the first swatch (RGB Red) to select it, then Shift+Click on the last swatch (Darker Warm Brown), to select the whole lot, and drag justbeneath the top of the panel - you should see a blue line, similar to the ones seen when docking panels, and drop them there.

Most of the changes to the panels make sense to me, but this one leaves me alternately scratching and shaking my head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you

So when I drag it stops right at legacy swatches, It doesn't seem to work,  All I want is to have grid so I can go back to learning from the tutorials...  ADOBE employees I can't be the first to ask for this.

Luey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but that isn't what I'm after. Watching the tutorials that are antiquated is hard enough but now to having to stop and play with this is ridiculous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a link? We can report them and (hopefully) Adobe will make the updates.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Don't really understand this one - post a link? it's their Photoshop tutorials.  The very first one that shows what I'm talking about is above. I took screen shots what I had and what the tutorial shows. 

Thank you

Luey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why they would stop at a particular position like that. Like I said, I thik this panel is kind of half-baked. As I was preparing this response, I tried cleaning up some unused and duplicate swatches, and thing got quite messed up, and I had to re-build it. It's very fiddly, and often swatches don't go where you meant them to.

There is a thread on the Feedback forum, https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/swatch-list-update-nov-2019, and people are divided on are the folders/groups a good thing or not. I'm a die-hard grid fan myself.

You can get it to work, but it's WAY more effort than it ought to be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Thank you and I agree it shouldn't be this hard....  I don't know if the 2019 version would be the same as 2020 version.  At least I didn't have that problem back in 2019.  I also tried that and I eplained I can't get the blue line to go further and it wants to dump these folders into the leageacy folders. still not the grid view and still not the answer.  You are very kind with your assistance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatevever reason, my grid came into the update intact (which I then mucked up), but other people's seem not to.

Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

I am so excited....  After many attempts I finally got what I needed.  I literally opened all of the folders. It will take a few attempts to get what I want, but at least now I can actually follow along with the tutorials.  Still dismayed that the videos are so antiquated, but I am working thru it

Thank you - your mucking about gave me hope I to could find a way 💜💜

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines