Highlighted

Once I'm done with a tool in Photoshop CC 2020 how to get it off my screen

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried looking this question up and couldn't find an answer. I am about two weeks into learning PS and I'm noticing that once I finish editing with any tool, when I'm done and I save the photo, the tool icon is still on my computer screen. Can someone please help? If I switch to another tool the same thing - it stays on the screen.  Thanks very much.  D

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Once I'm done with a tool in Photoshop CC 2020 how to get it off my screen

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried looking this question up and couldn't find an answer. I am about two weeks into learning PS and I'm noticing that once I finish editing with any tool, when I'm done and I save the photo, the tool icon is still on my computer screen. Can someone please help? If I switch to another tool the same thing - it stays on the screen.  Thanks very much.  D

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Are you talking about when you save and close the photo or just saving the photo without closing it.

If there's nothing opened in Photoshop, you'll see the white arrow no matter what tool is selected

2020-10-16 16_36_11-Adobe Photoshop 2020.png

If you have a photo opened and saved you'll still see the last tool used, maybe I'm misunderstanding your issue

2020-10-16 16_37_02-© 0068.tif @ 100% (RGB_8#).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac. On a PC the cursor is only the current tool cursor when the cursor is over an open document window. When there is no open document  or the cursor is not over an image window the cursor should be the default arrow cursor.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0