• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only 3 save options..

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have 3 save as options being showed to me. I may be overlooking something but the rest were showing up and working fine just a minute ago. Any ideas?

Screenshot 2021-05-18 223305.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

What version you are using? Are you aware of recent changes in 22.4 version of Photoshop when saving files using Save command https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw this as well. You have to now go through a whole new "Export" dialogue to do the simplest thing like save a JPG or PNG. Heads up, they also have changed the quality of the saved images; instead of bringing your old preferences over, they have decided to just change settings altogether. Jpgs at 85% instead of 100% quality, for example. I get that things change, but I don't understand how this is supposed to be helpful without any notice or explanation. I am disabling automatic updates on all these apps from here on out as I am sick of the needless disruptions to my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I just saw this as well. You have to now go through a whole new "Export" dialogue to do the simplest thing like save a JPG or PNG.«

Or instead use Edit > Save a Copy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was scratching my head like crazy too. I restarted my PC, checked all the settings, until I've read that in the latest 22.4 version they added this feature where "Save As..." only allows formats that can be edited and preserve your work (layers, etc.). You now have to use "Save As Copy..." (default: Alt+Ctrl+S) to save in flattened formats (JPG, GIF, PNG, etc.).

I assume they did that to keep Photoshop in check with their other softwares, like Illustrator and InDesign, where "Save As..." is limited to editable formats, whereas "Export" is used for flattened images. I really wish we got a pop-up notifying that because I lost so much time figuring that out.

I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks big time!! This response saves me a lot of time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version you are using? Are you aware of recent changes in 22.4 version of Photoshop when saving files using Save command https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was unaware of this recent change.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Like we did it in the old days.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 22.4.2 try 

Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling > Enable legacy Save As

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This hasn't worked for me in 23, 24 or 25, yet I have read it's worked for others ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This hasn't worked for me in 23, 24 or 25, yet I have read it's worked for others ???

By @wayne31075547w2zc

What are the exact settings? 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) and the Save As-dialog visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines