Highlighted

Open a few pics in raw use Graduated filter on one and nothing more can be done thereafter

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

CS6

what is it with the graduated filter, its great for sorting out flash falloff BUT once I have applied it to e.g. the third photo in the 10 I have opened in RAW converter, I cant get at the usual controls thereafter, I cant make adjustments on 10 photos if I use that filter on one of them. The next photo just needed an exposure adjustment yet moving the slider saw zero change, because grad filter uses such , and instead I had inadvertently altered the exposure value I had applied to the flash falloff pic, .

I want to be able to make adjustments on 10 photos, and if one needs grad filter, use it, then also use the usual adjustments, like sharpness, or noise, distortion etc, why does it HOG the situation and disallow me any further adjustments on anything ?

I have had to cancel and close down all.

Merlin

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Open a few pics in raw use Graduated filter on one and nothing more can be done thereafter

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

CS6

what is it with the graduated filter, its great for sorting out flash falloff BUT once I have applied it to e.g. the third photo in the 10 I have opened in RAW converter, I cant get at the usual controls thereafter, I cant make adjustments on 10 photos if I use that filter on one of them. The next photo just needed an exposure adjustment yet moving the slider saw zero change, because grad filter uses such , and instead I had inadvertently altered the exposure value I had applied to the flash falloff pic, .

I want to be able to make adjustments on 10 photos, and if one needs grad filter, use it, then also use the usual adjustments, like sharpness, or noise, distortion etc, why does it HOG the situation and disallow me any further adjustments on anything ?

I have had to cancel and close down all.

Merlin

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you switch to something like the Graduated Filter it will display the sliders for that feature. To get back the main options you can click on another top level icon such as the Hand Tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop, the Move tool is my home base.  Whenever something doesn't work or a menu item is inactive, click on the Move tool. 

Photoshop CC ToolbarPhotoshop CC Toolbar

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines