• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open image count

Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll often open up to 100 images at at time in Photoshop and then work through them. It would be nice to be able to see how many images I have open in the form of having an "open image count" somewhere. I know I can see them listed if I want but that's not what I'm looking for. Is there a way to see a count of open images?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is nothing like that. What are you doing to them? It might be faster for you to open them all in ACR through Bridge and edit them that way. Lightroom would be much faster as well. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Melissa. 

I already do a lot of my work in ACR but for the work I'm doing, there are tools in Photoshop that either aren't in Lightroom or are just a lot clunkier in Lightroom than in Photoshop. I can work equally as fast using various actions in Photoshop. I use lightroom too for some things but it simply isn't as efficient. My business specializes in the development of lost and found film and this presents a lot of challenges that are normally not faced. I deal with thousands of extremely distressed images that need a lot of retouching. There's also a lot of edge fogging, mottling and repellency which I can't find any effective way to deal with in lightroom. It might also be that I've been using Photoshop for about 15 years and I know the program well for what I'm doing. Hard to make a switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would agree with Melissa about opening so many files! That's got to slow down your computer. But if you want a count of how many files are open, run this script - save it as a plain text file with an extension of .jsx. You can create a action to run the script with a hotkey.

#target photoshop
alert('There are '+app.documents.length +' open files');

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Chuck...I put my comment re Lightroom in my thread with Melissa. As to the computer, the specs match my demands. No slow down issues if I keep the number of images open not too many greater than 100. I guess it's just a phychological thing wanting to be able to quickly see how many files I have left to work. I'll have my I.T. guy give your suggestion a look and see if he can impliment it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Menu->File->Automate->Contact Sheet II

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines