Highlighted

OpenCL Issue PS 21.2 and 21.2.1

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw that there was an issue with my (Advanced) Performance (OpenCL) setting being disabled and PS not reading my graphic card in both PS 21.2 and 21.2.1 builds. After trying a series of troubleshooting items and reviewing threads to no avail, I finally decided to try and rolled back to PS 21.1.3, which allowed me to run Advanced Features and use OpenCL setting. In the latest two builds, the Performance section does not even identify nor display the GPU information, although I am allowed to see the advanced setting button - with the exception that the OpenCL and Use Graphic Processor to Accelerate Computation are greyed out.

Why is it that latest updates are not able able to determine my GPU and allow the use of OpeCL features, if only a couple of builds back I wasn't having any issue? I'd prefer to utilize the latest versions of PS, but can't without the ability to use such a simple feature as the Rotation tool when working on a piece - beacuse that's a tool I utilize a lot with a Wacom device.

Also,  other threads with similar OpenCL issues suggested that this could be failing beacuase of settings built into the Sniffer GPU detection part of the app, is this something Adobe is addressing?

Running Mac OS High Sierra v.10.13.6 / 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 / AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB

Appreciate any help, useful info, or answer that may at least help me to still take some advantage of current builds.

Topics

Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

OpenCL Issue PS 21.2 and 21.2.1

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw that there was an issue with my (Advanced) Performance (OpenCL) setting being disabled and PS not reading my graphic card in both PS 21.2 and 21.2.1 builds. After trying a series of troubleshooting items and reviewing threads to no avail, I finally decided to try and rolled back to PS 21.1.3, which allowed me to run Advanced Features and use OpenCL setting. In the latest two builds, the Performance section does not even identify nor display the GPU information, although I am allowed to see the advanced setting button - with the exception that the OpenCL and Use Graphic Processor to Accelerate Computation are greyed out.

Why is it that latest updates are not able able to determine my GPU and allow the use of OpeCL features, if only a couple of builds back I wasn't having any issue? I'd prefer to utilize the latest versions of PS, but can't without the ability to use such a simple feature as the Rotation tool when working on a piece - beacuse that's a tool I utilize a lot with a Wacom device.

Also,  other threads with similar OpenCL issues suggested that this could be failing beacuase of settings built into the Sniffer GPU detection part of the app, is this something Adobe is addressing?

Running Mac OS High Sierra v.10.13.6 / 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 / AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB

Appreciate any help, useful info, or answer that may at least help me to still take some advantage of current builds.

Topics

Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I had the same issue as you, Photoshop version 21.2 wouldn't detect my Nvidia quadro p620 GPU but the update version 21.2.1 fixed it for me, but it appears still to be an issue for some people

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/bug-in-photoshop-version-21-2-not-detecting-o...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 2
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged, I started reading through that thread. Will hopefully find something in there so I can get back to an updated version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you report it on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible.

Indeed, I find it strange that a dot version would change the minimum specs, but maybe does the crash report point to some problems, and some features get disabled, but this is a wild guess from my part.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing as I didn't, I appreciate directing me to report it to that link. I guess I'll need to grab a copy of the information from what the program is detecting or 'not' detecting with this version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0