Highlighted

Opening a Photoshop File using AppleScript

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I am realy new to using AppleScript. After parsing through the documentation I am running into some issues opening up Photoshop files. The code I am using is:

tell application "Adobe Photoshop 2020" -- open up Photoshop
	set theFile to alias "OS X 10.15.6 US:Users:username:Desktop:folder:file_name.psd"
	open theFile
end tell -- close Photoshop

I dont know if its problem in my pathway I am getting an error number - 1728. I guessed at putting "OS X 10.15.6 US" based on other examples I saw on the internet. I also saw there might have been a bug when switching over to the Catalina OS. 

Finally, I am using macOS Catalina Version 10.15.6 and Adobe Photoshop 21.2.2.

Thanks for any help or suggestons!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Opening a Photoshop File using AppleScript

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I am realy new to using AppleScript. After parsing through the documentation I am running into some issues opening up Photoshop files. The code I am using is:

tell application "Adobe Photoshop 2020" -- open up Photoshop
	set theFile to alias "OS X 10.15.6 US:Users:username:Desktop:folder:file_name.psd"
	open theFile
end tell -- close Photoshop

I dont know if its problem in my pathway I am getting an error number - 1728. I guessed at putting "OS X 10.15.6 US" based on other examples I saw on the internet. I also saw there might have been a bug when switching over to the Catalina OS. 

Finally, I am using macOS Catalina Version 10.15.6 and Adobe Photoshop 21.2.2.

Thanks for any help or suggestons!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I can't help you with Apple script, but if you're new to it, I would strongly suggest you learn javascript instead. It's cross platform and more people use it, so it's easier to get help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0