Highlighted

Opening a picture with bank notes in a scene

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a french photographer who uses famous brick minifigs to create some scenes.
I have one with a minifg painting a Bank Note with white paint to illustrate "Money Laundering" (in French Make Money White)

The problem is that the bank note seems to be too real (it's prop money for movies) and photoshop does not allow me to open the picture due to laws about creating fake money.

Is that any way for me to edit my photo ?

IMG_6457-2.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

Sorry , we cannot help you to work around the fraud protection measures used by Adobe at the request of the banks. It would be a legal minefield were we to do so.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/cds.html

Dave

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Opening a picture with bank notes in a scene

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a french photographer who uses famous brick minifigs to create some scenes.
I have one with a minifg painting a Bank Note with white paint to illustrate "Money Laundering" (in French Make Money White)

The problem is that the bank note seems to be too real (it's prop money for movies) and photoshop does not allow me to open the picture due to laws about creating fake money.

Is that any way for me to edit my photo ?

IMG_6457-2.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

Sorry , we cannot help you to work around the fraud protection measures used by Adobe at the request of the banks. It would be a legal minefield were we to do so.

Dave

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was pretty sure of this answer 🙂

But is there any way to show photoshop that it is fake money ? (like a "COPY" printed on this banknote or something else ?)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the image you posted is the one you're trying to open, I was able to open it in Photoshop without issue, no workaround used.

2020-10-07 17_06_13-Window.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be due to the smallsize photo i used in this thread.
I manage to open the 1000 px version but not the full size 6000px version

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, looks like you're correct, resized it to 6000 px and got the error

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0