• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

opening CR2 raw files in photoshop cc 2017

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help please - I'm an amateur photographer and always shoot in raw i have a Canon 5d mk III and since adobe updated photoshop to cc 2017 i can't open my CR2 raw files. Can anyone please offer assistance?

When i click on the CR2 files - a message comes up from photoshop - could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognise this type of file.

Previously all my CR2 files would open direct to the raw settings and then straight into photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to open them in Bridge?  Try it and when the images are loaded, you can right-click on them and choose open in Photoshop.

Have you updated your PS2017 just in case there is an update for Camera Raw plugins.  Probably not if your Camera is old and so Ps should have everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Flora,

could you check your Camera Raw version from under the Help menu

1.png

2.png

v9.7 is the latest for CC2017, but if you have as low as v7.1 it should work with your camera unless the raw file is corrupt. Can you try opening a different CR2 file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Flora,

I have the same problem on my machine, I had updated to CC2017 when I realized the problem for the first time: I wasn't able to open any RAW file from Canon 7DII, Sony A7R or Fuji XT2. I restored my system from an image backup where I had CC2015.5 and the latest version of Camera Raw (9.7) installed => same problem with this configuration. Then I installed a system image dated back in May which had CC2015.5 and Camera Raw (9.5.1) installed. Everything works fine there, RAW images open as expected. This brought me to the conclusion that the problem lies in Camera Raw 9.7.

I checked the  preferences for Camera Raw in PS and found a work-around which solved the problem on my machine: Go to Edit>Preferences>Camera Raw and uncheck the option "use graphics processor". You do not need to disable the option "use graphics processor" in the Edit>Preferences>Performance menu. This one has no influence on the RAW conversion problem.

Hope this helps

Juergen

@Adobe: here are some technical details of my machine: Windows 10 / i7-6700 / 32 GB RAM / AMD Firepro W5100 / AMD Driver Version 15.301.2601.1002 / OpenCL 2.0.4.0 / OpenGL 6.14.10.13423 / 4096 MB GDDR5 RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here since updating to cc 2017. No issues at all exporting a file from from lightroom into photoshop. Also no issues opening any other file type other than a raw file. CLEARLY an issue with ACR. This bull about updating video drivers and such is all a waste of time and likely to lead to other issues. Adobe needs to address this issue soon! Would be helpful to be able to just roll back to a previous version of ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an addition to my previous post: I have installed the latest version of Camera Raw yesterday and updated to the latest version of the AMD video drivers too. The bad news: the new version is buggy too, the good news the described work-around still works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines