• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening file produces strange opening screen.

Participant ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For the past couple of days, when I open up files this main workspace screen is broken up into different square, not showing the full area.

If I move around, zoom in, etc it flips to the correct view.

What causes this? Can it be fixed?

Thanks

Rob

practice safe design | use a concept ~ Petrula Vrontikis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please let us know the version of Photoshop and the operating system you're working with?

Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please let us know the version of Photoshop and the operating system you're working with?

Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
thanks for the reply.
I actually thought it was this before you responded, as I was trying to get 'Render Lighting" to work and it wasn't. I saw a post stating to turn "Use Graphics Processor" on, and that sort of made "Render Lightng" to work, but not effectively.

Thanks, and anyone at Adobe reading this "Rendering Lighting" simply doesn't work!!!

None of the adjustments update on the sliders. There are NO handles to control the lights, and if you actually do get anything to register, the display gets messed up. (See image)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does sound like an issue with the graphics processor. Try Sahil's suggestion. Or try updatingyour graphics processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks the Processor was the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines