• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening files from Bridge to Photoshop CC - can't see desktop

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a file (by double-clicking on it) from Bridge to Photoshop CC for the first time, my screen switches to the PS interface with no problem. However, when I open a 2nd file from Bridge into PS my screen doesn't automatically switch to the PS Interface. I am still looking at Bridge in the background. To see the PS interface I have to click on the PS software icon every time after the first import. I can open multiple files with no problem, as long as I do it all the first time. However, once I want to go back to Bridge and get another one, I have to do the extra step to work on them in PS. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm on a MAC. It's driving me crazy. I never had this problem with CS6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which versions of software you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most recent versions of PSCC and Bridge. I just downloaded the latest upgrade and it still happens. I've been using PSCC and Bridge for the last year and never been able to solve this problem. If I drag the file across from Bridge the PSCC interface stays there okay but not if I double-click on the file.  If I drag it over I have to have the software open side by side, which is not how I like to work. Any subsequent file opened keeps the Bridge interface on top instead of the PSCC interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be a Mac issue. I do not  have a problem like that on my Windows 10 PC. When I double click a thumbnail. Bridge starts PS 2021 version 22.3.1 and ACR will open the RAW image file.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friends who have Macs don't have the same problem. Someone posted a similar issue (Photos opened from Bridge not opening in Photoshop Interface) however it was a Windows machine and someone said that it was "Spaces", and that it was a bug. So, this bug doesn't seem to be solved yet as their fix doesn't work for me. My Photoshop Application Frame disappears with the 2nd file opened from Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is not solved yet so would be happy for anyone else to jump in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If nobody can't help here please try on Photoshop family https://feedback.photoshop.com/ site that is monitored by Adobe employees and engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines