• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening images as layers in Photoshop through Lightroom Classic not working on Mac

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!

I'm trying to send a series of photo's from LR to PS so I can blend the images. In LR I have selected all my photos, then right click on Edit and Open as Layers in PS. PS then opens and the layers start to come across however only two to four will load before another layer appears titles Background, and then that's it, nothing else will load. All my software is up to date, plenty of storage space, so I don't know what is happening or how to fix it. I'm not IT savy so am really struggling to get this to work. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Michelle

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us the macOS version of the computer you are using? Did you start facing this issue after the lastest updates?

You can try uninstalling & re-installing both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic to check if that helps. You can also check out the suggestions here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/edit-in-open-as-layers-in-photoshop-not-worki...

Please let us know if it helps!

Regard,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have just upgraded to Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.6 hoping this would fix the problem, but it hasn’t.

I also uninstalled PS via the Creative Cloud webpage and then reinstalled PS - still no luck. The same thing happens.

If I uninstall LR via the Creative Cloud page, will I lose all my images or will they reappear when I reinstall?

I have not used PS before so I don’t know why this is happening. Are they certain settings I need to check in either LR or PS?

Cheers,
Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're sorry that the issue persists. The product team has logged this issue as a bug and is working on a fix. Please add your vote to the issue here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/-open-as-layers-in-photoshop-function-in-ligh...

Also, please follow the thread for updates on the issue. You can try some of the suggestions in the thread to check if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines