Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening images in PS only shows a sliver of image

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Yesterday, suddenly when I open new images in PS, it only shows a sliver of the image at the top of the screen.  The only way that I can see more of it, is to zoom in, but even then, it will only show about half of the image, and the other half is just cut off and missing.  I've tried to open multiple images and they all come out looking like this.  I can't work on anything while the images are like this.  Please help.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you!  Turning off the Graphics Processor worked.  Now I can see the whole image again.  I'm wondering why that just happened all of a sudden though?  I never turned that on.  So I'm wondering why it needs to be turned off. Also, will that effect anything negatively having that turned off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately this is no proper solution as it invalidates GPU dependent features (like the Rotate View Tool, 3D Features and some Filter acceleration for example) but it indicates problems with the GPU driver or the OS. 

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and ...helpx.adobe.com › photoshop › troubleshoot-gp...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines