• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

opening jpeg files in Photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a new document in PS. Wanted to open a photo form my archive, a message appeared saying could not complete request as unknown or invalid jpeg marker was found. Never had this happen before, had just completed the lates update to PS. What could be the issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can open other images, but not this one, that particular image may be corrupt. Do you have a back-up copy (always wise).

If you can't open any images and you've just downloaded a new version of Photoshop and you have the correct system spec, try resetting your Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, trying to but my laptop is set to norwegian so not sure which one it is 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually that message nearly always means that the file is corrupt, but a prefs reset is always worth trying.

Here's where (you can also press ctrl+alt+shift when launching):

prefs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thx, I'll give it a go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines