• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening PDF in Photoshop CC shows black document

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting recently, when I open a PDF document (any PDF, sourced from MS Office products, AutoCAD, etc.) the image is randomly blacked out in some areas.  It is not transparent areas only, what reads as black appears to be random to me.  Image mode is RGB / 8 bit.  I have not changed any setting in PS.  I have noticed when I switch to CMYK the document reads correctly.  

I am on Photoshop CC v 22.3.1.  I believe I first noticed this issue when the application updated a couple weeks ago.  I assume a setting has been changed or maybe this is a bug?  Computer is less than a year old and fairly high performance Dell workstation (32 GB RAM, 5 GB dedicated video memory, latest version of Windows 10), so it should not be a hardware issue.  Any help would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You tried to change this option when open it?

Untitled-4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I typically use bleed box, but just tried opening with bounding box and get the same results.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just providing an update on this since I did not get any help from the forum.  I have tested version 22.1, 22.2 and 22.4.1 and the issue has persisted.  Just installed version 21.2.8 and the problem is resolved.  IMO this is clearly a Photoshop bug that must only affect me?  I will have to continue using version 21.2.8.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you open your PDF in latest Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Pro DC?

FREE Acrobat Reader -- view, comment, print & sign PDF.
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

Paid Acrobat Pro DC -- the complete solution for creating and saving PDF.
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/acrobat-pro.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro DC and PDFs read / open fine in Acrobat.  Only seems to affect RGB documents in Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this happen and this fixed it for me:

In Photoshop, go to Preferences > Camera Raw, and then, in the pop-up menu under "Performance", uncheck the toggle for "Use Graphics Processor". BTW: you shouldn't experience any loss of performance with this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@default7gbzu2bfyl2k 

That's truly strange! No idea why ACR settings would affect the rasterisation of PDF files outside of ACR!

I was going to suggest playing with preferences for technology previews to disable native canvas and or to look at GPU settings etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines