• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Program takes forever.

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a long time, when I open a photoshop file or photoshop itself the load time is at least 20min. I've tried a lot of different things, but nothing seems to help. My computer can open all of the other Adobe programs fast, and they all run really well. But photoshop takes forever to open and when it is open, there is usually a lag in the program for everything other than brush strokes. 

Why is this happening? Can anyone help me? 

Asus G752VLa
Windows 10
12 GB

2.60 GHz

Intel Core i7-6700HQ 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop?

Might be worth resetting your Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My Photoshop is always up to date. I keep up with the updates because I keep thinking that the new version will fix it. Ive tried resetting prefrences several times, and it doesnt help either. 

Does Photoshop take more RAM to open than the other Adobe programs? I keep wondering why my other programs open quickly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines