• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening working file PSDs fails to show

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed latest update and Photoshop stopped working properly just as I have a lot of work to do. 

When opening working files nothing apears visable, though the document is open. then after several tries when it apears Zoom function doesnt.

I tried reopening the file and it was invisable again.

reinstalled Photoshop, still doesnt work, and oops, just lost a load of new brushes. 

not a good day. 

Given this all happened with the update, will their be a quick fix update soon because Photoshop isnt working. it's like getting a car back from the garage and they've left the wheels off and painted over the windows. 

Hope this can be fixed soon, because no work getting done until it is.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

This is my PC status 

• Adobe product and version number ............Latest update PS 22.1

• Operating system and version number ...................Windows 10 Pro 20H2 – 10.0.19042
  • Error message(s) (if applicable)............none
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc. SURFACE PRO 4 / 16GB Ram / i7 / Basic intel onbard graphics that comes with Surface

Everything was working great 5min before update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Not sure if the ussue is fixed. 

I've changed the colour workspace and imported the file I couldnt see since the update, and converted it to the colour workspace. This worked. but the prior PS version, and updates never had an inssue opeing a file before, I think it's to do with the workspace UI settings. There is a more quick fluid response with this version when moving the image around (my working files are 200mb --> 1.2gbs each). 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you describe hardly seems to justify the conclusion you draw. 

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it isn't the graphic processor settings. 

And first time poster, but long time user of PS so pointing out the obvious stuff doesnt help.

Please only reply if you can help.

It was a straight forward question with just the facts.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you assuming everyone who reads your post would somehow know that you already ruled out GPU issues? Based on what information? 

You still haven’t even mentioned your OS, so again: 

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my PC status 

• Adobe product and version number ............Latest update PS 22.1

• Operating system and version number ...................Windows 10 Pro 20H2 – 10.0.19042
  • Error message(s) (if applicable)............none
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc. SURFACE PRO 4 / 16GB Ram / i7 / Basic intel onbard graphics that comes with Surface

Everything was working great 5min before update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if the ussue is fixed. 

I've changed the colour workspace and imported the file I couldnt see since the update, and converted it to the colour workspace. This worked. but the prior PS version, and updates never had an inssue opeing a file before, I think it's to do with the workspace UI settings. There is a more quick fluid response with this version when moving the image around (my working files are 200mb --> 1.2gbs each). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines