Highlighted

Optimum computer settings for using Mixer Brush in Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone from Adobe tell me the optimum settings/hardware I need for using the mixer brush in Photoshop? I want to paint like I do with a brush. I paint in Photoshop and it runs slow. My usual canvas size is 9000 x 6000 (30 in x 20 in) @ 300 dpi. I use around 15 layers, sometimes more, sometimes less. I'm an artist and I'm completely illiterate on the inner workings of computers, such as graphics cards, CPU, etc. If someone could post the info I need so I could just print it out and take the info to someone or even a store (if it would be cheaper just to buy a new system) and get or buy a new system. I'm on a PC. I just want to paint! lol Thank you.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Optimum computer settings for using Mixer Brush in Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone from Adobe tell me the optimum settings/hardware I need for using the mixer brush in Photoshop? I want to paint like I do with a brush. I paint in Photoshop and it runs slow. My usual canvas size is 9000 x 6000 (30 in x 20 in) @ 300 dpi. I use around 15 layers, sometimes more, sometimes less. I'm an artist and I'm completely illiterate on the inner workings of computers, such as graphics cards, CPU, etc. If someone could post the info I need so I could just print it out and take the info to someone or even a store (if it would be cheaper just to buy a new system) and get or buy a new system. I'm on a PC. I just want to paint! lol Thank you.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It would help if you told us you're current system configuration, generally speaking you'd need the following

Intel i5/7 CPU or an AMD equivalent

16 GB of RAM, although 32 GB would be better

500 GB SSD or better for the OS, applications and scratch disk

2GB dedicated graphics card

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Photoshop-139/Hardware-Recomm...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Photoshop does multiple thread some processing many aspects of Photoshop is single threaded,  So Multiple processor and many cores will not improve Photoshop performances a great deal.  The most important is CPU cycle time you want the single processor time the be the fastest one available.  Also Photoshop is not a graphics intensive application. It will use your GPU to help performance for some features 3d canvas rotation and others. Photoshop is not a Game or video editor the needs grate frame rates.  Adobe Applications like Premier pro, after effects will benefit greatly with multiple processor and lots of cores and top of the line professional video adapters.  You want your software system, applications, appdata, Temp, scratch etc on SSD IMO. You images can be on external storage. If you document are small I would say 16GB of Rams will do I have 32GB of ECC Ram.  here is Adobe take optimize photoshop cc performance 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines