• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option/Alt Key doesn't work to define a source point.

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried researching this in Adobe Support and haven't yer found an answer that worked, even though there were answers given to my prbolem on the site. Whenever I use the Clone Stamp or Healing Brush Tool the curser doesn't not change nor does else anything happen when I click on the Alt/Option key in order to define a source point. I am using Photoshop 2020 but I have had this same problem in my Photoshop CS5 before. I have tried everything including restoring everything back to it's original defaults and restarting the Photoshop. NOTHING works....I really would like an answer to this problem because these are key features of Photoshop that I need to use.

Thanks, Wesley Wong

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, my name is Walter, I too have this problem why is this happening and nothing happening about it ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Walter, 

Thank you, it's nice to know I'm not going crazy and that you have not found a solution for it as well. You'd think somebody from Adobe would figure this problem out.........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wesley,

A long time ago I had this same problem. It took me a while to find the culprit. It was another program that steeled the Alt key. The problem is that I cannot remember if it was a program or a Windows setting somewhere.

Is it only with the clone stamp or healing brush or everywhere in Photoshop? As an example: does Alt + Backspace fills with the foreground color. Another example: with the brush tool active does Alt click shows the color picker?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ronald,

I don't really understand what you were trying to ask me in your examples.

1) Alt + Backpace ? What do mean by Backspace ?  

2) When my brush tool is active and I Alt click it doesn't show the color picker burt it doesn't affect my using the brush so I don't understand what your saying. 

Regarding whether this happens only with the clone stamp and the healing brush....yes it only happens when I need to choose another source point using the alt/option button. I use Mac by the way. 

Thanks, Wesley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines