• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option+Command+0 does not go to full screen in 2018

Enthusiast ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Option+Command+0 to zoom in, the window does not go to the bottom of the screen. This is NOT the the same behavior as previous version on PS and is very annoying. Is there a setting to change this that I have not found yet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Ok, at this point I think I have it narrowed down. My second monitor is in a portrait position and sits about 4" below the main monitor.

It has to do with the top of the panel position on the second monitor. If it below the main monitor the main screen the Fill Screen goes to the bottom. But if the top of the panel is moved above the bottom of the main monitor then the fill screen not go all the bottom of the main monitor. At some point as the panel is moved up the the Fill Screen will again fill

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are working in Photoshop where documents have their own windows as opposed to being tabbed.

I've tried the commands in MacOS 10.13 using CS6 and CC 2018 and if you select the zoom tool, go up into the Option bar and uncheck "Resize Windows to Fit".  Then it should at least keep the Window positioned bottom-left as opposed to a window of varying size that will go anywhere on the screen.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed in the zoom tool using the Fill Screen button.

2017 goes to fill screen.

2018 goes to fill screen horizontally but does not go all the way to the bottom. This is so annoying that I am going back to 2017 until this can be figured out. I can't believe this was released with this behavior, for what reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I think it is a Workspace issue. If I go to the default Photography Workspace it works correctly. Looks like I will need to re-create my Workspace as a new Workspace from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Was+DYP  wrote

Ok I think it is a Workspace issue. If I go to the default Photography Workspace it works correctly. Looks like I will need to re-create my Workspace as a new Workspace from scratch.

I see. I was using my own workspace, and that why I did not notice what you were describing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that takes care of your issue, mark your solution as correct to close this out.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately NO!

As soon as I move panels to the second monitor it reverts back to the same behavior. So that must be where the bug is.

This is not acceptable behavior. I did leave 2017 installed and will go back to that until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go here: Photoshop Family Customer Community  and file a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold on I am still testing this something triggers this. I am moving panels over again and at this point it hasn't been triggered yet. Will see if I can figure out what is causing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I have to leave soon, so hopefully I'll know what you found out when I get back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point the Adjustment panel by itself triggered it. But if I doc it to another panel it Fill Screen works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, at this point I think I have it narrowed down. My second monitor is in a portrait position and sits about 4" below the main monitor.

It has to do with the top of the panel position on the second monitor. If it below the main monitor the main screen the Fill Screen goes to the bottom. But if the top of the panel is moved above the bottom of the main monitor then the fill screen not go all the bottom of the main monitor. At some point as the panel is moved up the the Fill Screen will again fill to the bottom.

For some reason my workspace in 2018 brought over from 2017 had moved a panel top in the range where it was causing this. Once I discovered this I tested this in 2017 and it does the exact same thing. So at this point I believe I have discovered the cause of the Fill Screen problem and the way to avoid it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear it's resolved. On my MBP Opt-Cmd-0 is like Cmd 1 or 100% zoom. You mentioned the Fill Screen button... did you find a way to bind that to a keyboard shortcut? I was never successful finding out where to do this.

Could you share that with me? It would be handy in Full Screen mode.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh boy I have been saying it wrong. The Keyboard Shortcut is Opt-Cmd-+. Try that once because I can't find that I set that up in Keyboard Shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that will get you back to where you were, and there is no feature you will miss, then you can install 2017 and also keep 2018 if any fixes  show up.

As it stands it's programming changes and not preferences.

You know how to restore 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines