Highlighted

Option Modifier Key Simulation

Participant ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

option-key-simulation.jpg

I am working with the Wacom graphic tablet and stylus pen. The Stylus button executes a custom Photoshop script. I like to add new functionality to the script to simulate a Mac keyboard modifier key state.

The idea is on the stylus button press the Option key is activated. On the stylus button release, the Option key is deactivated.

So far, I try making an apple script that did not work very well and required executing the AppleScript file from the custom Photoshop JSX file. What other programming options exist to simulate the Option key toggle?

OSX Catalina

Mac keyboard

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Option Modifier Key Simulation

Participant ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

option-key-simulation.jpg

I am working with the Wacom graphic tablet and stylus pen. The Stylus button executes a custom Photoshop script. I like to add new functionality to the script to simulate a Mac keyboard modifier key state.

The idea is on the stylus button press the Option key is activated. On the stylus button release, the Option key is deactivated.

So far, I try making an apple script that did not work very well and required executing the AppleScript file from the custom Photoshop JSX file. What other programming options exist to simulate the Option key toggle?

OSX Catalina

Mac keyboard

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 04, 2020 0

Have something to add?