Highlighted

Order of layers in photoshop - issues

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with the order of layers in photoshop. With one picture I'm trying to do the following:

1) soften the wrinkles (needing an opacity of around 45%)

2) remove a ladder (opacity at 100)

3) brighten the eyes (opacity at 100)

I can't get the order correct.  If the wrinkles are softened, then the ladder appears at 45% opacity. If the ladder is gone, the wrinkles are at 100% opacity so not softened at all.  I've tried to switch around the order of my layers. What am I doing wrong? Is this a photoshop or a user error?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Order of layers in photoshop - issues

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with the order of layers in photoshop. With one picture I'm trying to do the following:

1) soften the wrinkles (needing an opacity of around 45%)

2) remove a ladder (opacity at 100)

3) brighten the eyes (opacity at 100)

I can't get the order correct.  If the wrinkles are softened, then the ladder appears at 45% opacity. If the ladder is gone, the wrinkles are at 100% opacity so not softened at all.  I've tried to switch around the order of my layers. What am I doing wrong? Is this a photoshop or a user error?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I see no immediate option how this would be a Photoshop issue, but you may want to be more precise in your description (kinds of Layers, Blend Modes, …) and post a meaningful screenshot including the Layer Panel. 

Have you tried using Layer Masks to limit the indiciual Layers effect? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 1