• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OTF font tails not showing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with OTF font tails not showing. First photo shows how the end of each word is clipped off. As you can see, "standard ligatures" option is selected.

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 2.02.26 PM copy.png

But in TextEdit or any other OTF-supporting app, the tails appear as expected, like below:

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 2.22.47 PM.png

The font developer says "Adobe applications do not use the standard Mac or Windows line layout routines, and the Adobe routines have a bug that doesn't display the end of word tails automatically. Press Option-T to manually add a tail at the end of a word." I really don't want to press Option-T at the end of every word though.

I'm using the most recent update of Photoshop CC.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving to the Photoshop community for which this discussion is more appropriate. You might also indicate exactly what font(s) you are having difficulties with. The problem might be with the font(s) if their glyph bounding boxes don't match their actual definitions – that is why knowing which font is involved is so important.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines