• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlay appears on subject and not background

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please bare with me as I'm new to photoshop...

I had a photo. Changed the background to make it white. Done my touching up and airbrushing. Now I want to add an overlay but it only appears over the subject and nowhere else in the photo/the white background?

Please help.... 😊

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is it possible, that you made a clipping mask/layer by accident?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/revealing-layers-clipping-masks.html

Can you please share a Screenshot of the layer panel – with your image open? thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing you have a clipping mask, but can't tell what is happening with your screenshot. Does the "overlay" layer have an arrow pointing down and is the layer under it underlined? You can right click and choose release clipping mask. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Now I want to add an overlay..."

The term "Overlay" usually refers to a Blending mode option available in the Layers panel and in the Fill drop-down field, as well where a Fill choice there (such as Color) and Overlay in the Layers panel will be affected by the tonal scale of the image leaving your image area white . Please post the Layers panel and describe  the objective of the layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines