• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Could not complete your request because photoshop was unable to parse the postscript

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most updated version of Photoshop CC2018.  I am trying to open an .eps file and I keep getting the error: "Could not complete your request because Photoshop was unable to parse the postscript".  It would open them before.  HELP

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title, PS-63010}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 which should include the fix for this issue. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to download a free/open source PostScript parser to see if there are any errors.

Try Ghostscript or PStill or something similar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! I am receiving the same notification, but I am not trying to open a file, I am just trying to open Photoshop. I tried to unistall Adobe Creative Cloud and it won't let me. It says there is another install application running. When I tried to open Illustrator this morning it said there was a problem with the app. Yesterday I exported files for the web from Illustrator and there were strange lines on them. My computer is healthy, well protected, all updates in place. Help please! I think what I will try is to just install Creative Cloud again from the link @Mohit Goyal  provided? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OKAY, Adobe Creative Cloud won't let me unistall because it says other programs need it. SO I am unistalling all my Adobe Programs, but it won't let me uninstall them? I shut down my computer and restarted. Everything on my computer is working great but Adobe.

I have a client project due, and need to resize images, help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the trouble. You can use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to uninstall the Creative Cloud Desktop tool. After you uninstall, restart the machine and reinstall the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Open Photoshop from the Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem. I'm trying to download Cretive Cloud after restarting my computer and so far its taken over 2 hours and it is half way through and doesn't seem to be moving now. How long does it take to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 which should include the fix for this issue. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm waiting for my new Mac to arrive, but in the meantime, I must stay at 22.3 becuase otherwise, many tools become unable to use.  I called your tech support when I started having many issues after updating it to 22.4, and they told me that as long as I'm on Mojave, I have to stay at 22.3.  But I'm all of a sudden unable to open the app with the same error message, "Could not complete your request because photoshop was unable to parse the PostScript."  I have not changed anything between yesterday and today, so what is causeing this, and how can I open the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not complete your request because Photoshop was unable to parse the PostScript. what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to open illustrator but not photoshop and to make matters worse, my creative cloud wont update pass 36%. HELP ME HELP ME PLEASE 😩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest version of Photoshop and when attempting to open a .ai file I got "cannot parse the postscript". Guess it still isnt fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to launch Photoshop 2021 and instead I get a small pop-up stating: 
"Could not complete your request because Photoshop was unable to parse the PostScript."

It won't even let me launch Adobe Creative Cloud; nothing happens after I click on it.

Any ideas? Should I uninstall and then reinstall the whole suite?
I am running a Dell XPS with Windows 10.

It was working fine over the weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photoshop Preferences if Photoshop was working on you machine. If Creative Cloud Desktop does not start  download Creative Cloud desktop and reinstall it.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me also - Photoshop 2021 was giving this error and Photoshop 2020 just wouldn't launch at all with no error. Seems to be related to an update to the Creative Cloud app. I was able to open the Creative Cloud app and click [Open] next to photoshop and get it to launch - but launching the normal way from the Start menu isn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this same issue.  I'll keep following this thread in hopes for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this as well, and resolved it by going into the control panel and trying to uninstall PS 2021. It would fail, saying it needed CC and that there was an issue with it; and would then re-install it. After that I found a PS 2021 update, and when everything was done it loaded properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to go, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am getting the same error in Photoshop version 24.0.1 

There are no updates available to me.. I reset my prefences, and nothing.. please advise! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines